Saturday, February 7, 2015

Echoes On Acid

I am an alien
A female prototype
In a human shell

A vessel utilized
To survey the life
On this 3rd rock

Through the eyes
Of an Earthling
The eyes of a human

I've lived 1,000 lives
I'll live 1,000 more
Until the great work
Is complete

Sometimes I have feelings
That this is all a dream
Created in a lab somewhere

Future or past
My memories are fragments
Pieces of someone else's dreams

It's like I've been injected
With some hallucinatory compound
An everlasting dream state

Perhaps I've done nothing
But live, work, talk, eat, sleep
Seen nothing, seen anything

And in my dream state I live
So that I might figure it out
This desire to learn to live

This desire to see all that I 
Can see in this world
To learn how people live

How people love people
Because it seems sometimes
Out of my reach...


~MX

No comments:

Post a Comment